Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another 223?

A little window shopping pulls up a nice Armalite choice, the A4 SPR (Special Purpose Rifle).








$840 at Bud's.
Thinking about adding a longer distance precision shooting setup in 223. I really like the 16" carbine I have, but ... just feel the desire for a 20" barrel in more of a rifle setup.

Not sure if a varminting setup is exactly what I want though. Threaded barrel would be nice for the flash hider or even possibly a can later on.

Well, maybe not that exactly. It looks great up to the part where I get to one or two specs...
1:9" barrel twist - ok, but can't go heavier than 69 grain bullets.
two stage trigger - check, that's great.
Accuracy - 1.5-2 MOA. Not so good there, my carbine setup already exceeds that.
Maybe a high precision varminter is what I want after all.




Armalite M15A4(T) with 20" national match barrel, match trigger, 1 MOA.







Then again, is there $300-$400 worth of difference going from 1.5-2 MOA down to 1 MOA?



How about the 22" Remington R15 VTR varminter? ($940 Bud's)







No comments:

Post a Comment